– Let’s Drink –
Cranberry Molasses Mulled Wine
Spice up your Holiday menu with this beautiful rendition of mulled wine. Ideal for warming the body and exciting the palette, mixing the familiar taste of red wine with complimentary mulled spices transforming it into a robust Winter season treat. Perfect for the dinner table or a relaxing night cap, gorgeous in the appearance, delicious as for taste and comforting with its attractive aroma, cranberry molasses mulled wine is the necessary addition to your Holiday drink list. Try Shelly’s famous and simple mulled wine recipe from Vegetarian Ventures.
prep time – 10 mins ||| cook time – 30 mins
- Zest from 1 orange + slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 6 allspice berries
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 750-ml bottle dry red wine
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, cardamom, cloves, allspice, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, sugar, molasses, wine, and cranberry juice.
- As soon as the wine begins to simmer, turn the heat to low and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cover and simmer so the spices can meld into the wine, about 30 minutes.
- Strain through a mesh sieve, discarding the spices, and serve warm in your favorite mugs. Garnish each serving with an orange slice, and ENJOY!
-All photos found on LEVERIDGED.com are shared to celebrate the artists creation.|| Vegetarian Ventures –